Wednesday, October 8, 2014

CONSIOUS DECISIONS



I was suppose to be studying for an important test tomorrow and before that I decided to take a 5 minutes break to scroll through my Facebook until I encounter an interesting looking video. I clicked play and I ended up here. I watched over and over again and still it amazed me every time I watched it.

    I see a reflection of myself not as God obviously but as the man in the video. Knowing God is not enough. I have learned at one point of time that only to feel His goodness and miracles in my life, I have to live in Him. I have to live with His Words. Only this year, I started reading His Word. I received a book known as ' God's Word 2014' where there is a passage from the bible every single day. It was difficult at first but then after a while, I see and felt the Word being alive. It can be a coincident if what happen on that particular day is similar to the day's reading but having to experience it more than a handful of times, is definitely something.

    I can never get enough of Him and so must you. God is full of surprises. I think that if we do not get surprises from God after a while, there is something wrong with us. It is either we have taken a detour or we are not hungry enough for Him. As much as I know that I am growing, I still fall. Approximately one month ago, I thought I was in the right place, doing the right things, having the time of my life that I dint even know that I was falling. Yes, I was still conscious that God is there with me and I love God and He is the Only one. I still read the Word of God but I dint realized that it was all just in my head and not in my heart. I DID NOT KNOW. Back to square one. Someone said to me that I have taken 10 steps forward but when I fall, I step 20 steps backwards and it is very unhealthy.  Until an incident hit me and it registered in my head that its because I kept so much of negative feelings in my heart until there is no more space for all the positive feelings and no more space for God to fill me. I remembered very clearly, it was a Wednesday night that I made a conscious decision to surrender everything to Him. I had my own inner healing at 11pm in my bedroom. I went back to the hidden place where is it only me and God and I remembered feeling like a bird after that night.

    What I am trying to say here is not knowing that we are falling is very dangerous. I am blessed because I have someone who is constantly looking after me but what if you are in a similar situation like me but no one is there to tell you? Worst of all, not knowing that you are taking the wrong road and at the same time confuse on whether someone is brave enough to tell you is very scary. I use to think that every time I faced a bad situation, it is part of God's plan for me to grow and I use to think that I must fall in order to learn. Now? Now I am constantly praying that my actions, thoughts and words are good and in order to do that, I have to be conscious. I have to grow. I have to walk with God. I have to read His Word and with that, even if I fall, I will realized it at some point of time before its too late and I don't have to depend on others to tell me if I have taken a detour.

    Like one cannot get enough of His grace, we also cannot get enough of being better in terms of beauty, knowledge,skills,social states and financial status. Everybody desires to be perfect in every way but when we make mistakes, we give an excuse that nobody is perfect. but do you know that His power is made perfect in weakness (2 Corinthians 12:9) Everybody still fall at some point no matter where they are and how much knowledge they have. The important question is that are we able to make a conscious decision to stand up, surrender to Him, repent, forgive move on or try again? God will always be there waiting for us, are we going to walk with Him?

A passage from the video that strikes me:

 " I perfect you in your imperfection, 
and make beauty out of your past.
I made you first when you thought you were last. 
My love is unconditional, 
I forgive you of everything even when you could not forgive yourself.
You will fall but I WILL PICK YOU UP!
You will keep falling but I WILL KEEP PICKING YOU UP
You will always fall short out of my grace, that is not to debate.
You should face everyday knowing you have been saved by grace.
Let the melodies from heaven reign down on you. 
Stop depending on everyone else, sometimes you have to incurance yourself. 
You have to make every move in faith
Son, just walk. "





My instinct was tickled to be here and I keep asking Him, ' what do you want me to say? '
I pray that the video inspires you in one way or another just like how it inspires me to wanting to walk with God for the rest of my life. Not only acknowledging Him on Sunday's but EVERYDAY, EVERY MINUTE, EVERY SECOND. God bless you <3

No comments:

Post a Comment