Thursday, March 14, 2013

KUCHING


Oh Gosh, I do not know where to begin. There is so many things to write about the weekend.
10 of us including Sharon, Carmelita, Andre, David, Mary, Edmund, Adeline, Jane, Aunty Win Nie and myself was called to be in Kuching to attend and minister a Worship workshop called Tabernacle of Moses on the 7th to 9th March 2013. Andre and Carmelita are the speakers for this workshop. Sharon and Adeline was there to conduct the dance and banner workshop and the rest of us was there to help out and at the same time participate in the workshop. 

Mary and I stayed over at Sharon's place the night before we left for Kuching. By the time we reached home, it is already 12 something am and by the time we walk our way to the bed, it was already 2am and we have to be up at 4.30am to get ready. 

Mary and I before sleeping. Tired but at the same time excited. 


I don't have a hard time waking up as I am actually awake at 3am but it was definitely a hard time for me to wake up when i accidentally fall asleep after getting ready. Bad move to lye down on the bed after bathing. Oliver send us all to the airport using his big big van. Shared a set of MCD pancakes with Mary and coffee is a must to keep us awake throughout the whole day. 
My very first time having a hot cup of cappuccino from Mc Cafe and it is deliss *slurpsss*

Most of the pictures was taken by Sharon as my phone was in some kind of weird condition during the weekend but Praise God, all is good now. =)


Adeline and Andre

Sharon, myself and Mary

By the expression that Mary was portraying, she is still in her dreams. =)

The rest of the people who is following and some of them came and send us off. So cuwittt. 

Before boarding...

In the plane. Mary was my partner in the plane. 
This was before we fell asleep.


Adeline and Sharon 
#photo-boomed

                        Jane, Win Nie and Carmelita



Landed! 


Kingdom Dancers has finally landed in Kuching. Edmund driving us.

Before going to the centre, Edmund dropped Mary and I to Mary's house because she wants to take her car. Sat in her car for the very first time in my life. She drive pretty safe and well. PASS! hehe


The centre where the workshop was held

All that happened on the first day was a talk about The Tabernacle of Moses and The Seven Ways of Praises which turns out to be very interesting..The workshop ends at 5pm as we have to get ready for mass.

Went back to the house. Andre, David, Sharon and myself stayed in the same house and that is where Sharon and I are roommates for 2 nights. 

our OOTN
I wore a long dress from GreeenBananas and Sharon wore this cute barbie doll kind of dress which I really love. I love any dresses that has a ribbon behind. =)

Attended St. Joseph church. Reminds me of St. Anne's church in Bukit Mertajam when I first see St. Joseph.  I like the way it is designed. I have this tenancy of taking  picture of the crucifix every time I attend mass in other churches.

After mass, we went to have dinner at this big coffee shop which is opened 24 hours. 
I wonder which coffee shop in Penang opens for 24 hours. 
They sell different varieties of food and when I first reached there, I feel like eating all of it. I felt like a monster. On our table, we decided to order a plate of everything and we can share and taste the Kuching food.

Carmelita and Adeline. 
Sitting in front of me, feeling hungry as well and looking forward for the food to arrive. 



Mee tomato and Sarawak Laksa

Kolo me which each has one bowl for our self and Koey Cap

Hk Chee cheong fan and Fried vege dumplings

Char Koey ( so delicious and wishing that Penang has this ) and Paku vege ( I am not a vegetable person but this taste good but I had a bad experience eating it ) =/ 

Teh Si Peng special. Similar to the 3 layer tea in Penang. =)

We were bloated and feeling so full after eating but me, craving for something sweet after dinner. 
Been wanting to try the desserts sold in Kuching but when I ask the Kuching-nite only I come to realized that 
their breakfast, lunch, tea, dinner and supper is all the same. =.=
I wonder how can they survive. 
The topic of Kuih Lapis came out and somebody say something about sitting on a sampan to go over the river to get the best Kuih Lapis is Kuching or something, I got so excited and really want to go and Brendan Chin and Edmund from Kuching being so nice and thoughtful, brought few of us there. 

Showing you the view of Waterfront.
So beautiful and I like how the various colors reflect on the water. 
Now I know why people say Kuching is like a smaller version of Penang. 
Such a beauty. 

Yay! Sat a sampan for the first time in my life. I though it would be like a 15 mins journey and I was ready to sing " Rasa Sayang" -imagining us in Venice sitting on the boat and the guy who lead us will sing a song for us. but before I could even start singing, we reached already. haiyoooo

The walk took a while but it was fun. Finally we have reached the place. Its at a housing area and the shop is located inside the housing area. 

The first thing anyone can see when they first enter the shop! I ran like I have not seen or eaten Kuih Lapis before and try most of the flavours. These are not the only flavors that are available. I had a hard time trying to choose the best so I asked the owner for help to pick out the best ones for me. 
I got to admit, the owner had a hard time choosing for me as well because I was a bit particular on the flavors too. I don't want it to be too cheesy as family is on a healthy mood, don't want normal flavors like coffee and milo as it can be bought in Penang as well. At last I go my 5 flavors to share it with my friends and family. Its very reasonable as one small box ( rectangular shape ) is RM10 whereas the big ones is rm20. 


                             Introducing you Brendan Chin, one of our "tour guide" to show us around the area.
Such a nice guy to talk with as it is my first time meeting him. =)

After spending 45 mins in the shop, we decided to leave. Each of us leave with a handful of Kuih Lapis. 
Capturing the moments. 


<3<3<3


After that, some of us decided to head home with Edmund and some of us stay back to walk along the river and look around. Something caught my eye and that is people can just set up their instruments by the walk way and start playing and singing  Audience will just stop and support them by clapping along, singing along and donating money. We also stop by this area, similar to Fort Cornwallis where family, couples, friends will buy the thing that are able to shoot up really high with a blue led light together with it and play with it. I got so interested, therefore I bought one for myself and started playing with it also. 

From some people views, it may be childish but from my view, I just want to have fun and capture the moment. Everybody of any age deserves a break and can have fun and sometimes, playing something which is childish can make one feel very happy, stress free and satisfied after a long day at work or school.  I know I did had fun and I had fun people around me to play with me and that is what matters. 

Ok, enough of talking, continue with second day!
Slept for only 4 hours that night. 
When we reached the centre, breakfast is served. 
There is ham chim peng and this *points below*  for our breakfast. Yummmy. 
Maybe I am not used to having such a big breakfast like this, I visited the toilet a couple of times. ok TMI! =p

The workshop started with a beautiful P&W which I dint think it will make a big impact in my life. It was crazily memorable and then the talk about the Tabernacle of Moses continues. After that, Carmelita took over the mike and talks about the Attitudes of Worship and the Holy Spirit. and that talk leads to another worship which was beyond words and fantastic. Everybody was just in their own world with the Lord and dancing and jumping around and running with banners, tambourines and every equipment we have was used. The place is filled with fire and anointing. It is until the point where I say to myself that I do not and will never want to forget this moment and I have to write it down as soon as the worship ends so that I  wont be able to forget every detail that I have gone through. 

Another thing happened regarding my phone. To cut the story short, my water bottle was open in my bag and my phone get the water, phone went hay wire for a while, first the sim card then the battery and make me very worried. I was scared that I could not concentrate in anything until my phone is in good condition. I decided to leave it aside and surrender it to God and as soon as worship ends, my phone is back to normal until today. PTL! See how this small things can change and bring my faith in Him to the next level. 

After the worship, there is an hour of banner and tambourine workshop. 
Everybody seems to be having fun learning about the tambourine. Its was never a dance equipment but it has always been a weapon until today. ( I just knew about it in the workshop )



After the workshop and a short break, its time to experience the Tabernacle of Moses by ourself.
Pictures are a little it blur but it is beautiful. =) The praises that people sing, the energy in the room, the power of banners, chopstick banners, bells, shofar and lastly tambourines.
From the beginning till the end until we reach to the Holy of Holies is indescribable, its beyond words, its awesome, and fantastic. I shall let the pictures do the talking. 

The shofar is blown

The Lion Of Judah lead the way

Praising His name


On the way to the Holy of Holies

Just B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L

 The name Kingdom Dancers mark its first anniversary on the 10th or March 2013. Dance ministry has been around for more than 10 years. We may be small in number but I believe God has already install many many great plans for us for the future. This is not all of the members, a few more are in Penang. =)

We became a family after 3 days. ! wohoooo

Last dinner in Kuching as well. Did not manage to take pictures of the food because I forget but the food is good. Not as good as the previous night but its different and still good. haha


Isaac, one of the leader's son. So cute. So intelligent. and he is only 4 years old. =)

The unending table. 

This is just a few of us. All girls except Brendan and Alex. 

Slept a little bit later that night and just think of what has happened during the weekend. 

Last morning in Kuching. 
Woke up pretty early as well, got ready, packed and go for breakfast. 

Pandan Tau Fu Fa and Kolo mee

Karen, Sharon and Edmund. 

Confused on which to eat. Laksa or Kolo mee.? 


Bid farewell and its time to come home. 

Mary and I in the plane. Landed!

Being able to attend this worship is not a coincidence but its a blessing from God. 
It is the one experience which I will never forget because it teaches me a lot and also allow me to grow especially in my faith in Him. 
I've learned that we cant take someone to a place where we have not been before.
and also worship also means " to lean towards to kiss "
I was at the edge of not being able to attend this workshop due to my finals which falls on the exact same week. For 2 semesters in a row, my paper would fall on a Saturday. Even if I have one paper to sit for this semester, there is a chance for the paper to fall on a Saturday. A friend of mine encourage and ask me to take a step of faith and say yes to Kuching because the flight ticket have to be booked and bought. So I said YES, constantly praying and PTL, my paper falls on the Thursday. Even if there is a 99% of chance that my one and only paper wont fall on a Sat, I choose to take that 99% of chance and turn it into my believe in God that it wont happen on a Saturday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment