Thursday, April 4, 2013

DIFFERENT VIEW OF KAYYELLE

On the 21st of March 2013, I left for KL for 6 days. 
Coincidentally, SPM results was out on that day also. Congratulations baby sis on the results. Proud of you. 
Mel and Chery came and pick me at 4pm from home and drop me at the bus station. 

Mel came down from the car and send me off until the entrance to enter the bus station. 


6 hours of journey to KL as always was good. I always cherish the opportunity to be alone, doing the things I like and also to think. On this trip, I was accompanied by a book titles " You were made for more" that is written by Jim Cymbala 
At around 10.30pm, Adele came and pick me up from Puchung bus station and head home. 
Make myself at home, relax, talk to Adele for a while and off we go for supper with her housemates. 
Had malay style lok lok and mee goreng which taste pretty good.


Meet Neoh, a guy full of sarcasms in him who works as a auditor and studying at the same time. Full respect given to him. Very hardworking man. 



Head home after supper, freshen up myself, cuddle myself on the bed with Dele and slept off. 
END of day 1. 


Woke up pretty early the following day and head to the gym with Adele. After an hour, Adele went for class and I continued running on the treadmill for another half an hour. 
About 9 something, Adele's aunty's driver came and fetch us from Segi college and send us to Alice Smith Primary School. 
It is a private college which costs a bomb for one semester. Majority of the students there are international students. Adele was asked to play the piano for Alice Smith Easter Assembly. 


Adele and I before the assembly

Their performance was very very good. They acted their character really well and speak very confidently and clear. 



I totally forget her name but I find her very cuteee.. =)

One thing that really amazed me was the parents was also very involved in this assembly. They lend their helping hands to help in various area like the costumes, make up, food, and so on. 
This is brought by one mother to share among all the students who participate in the Easter play and Adele and I was given 1. It was a velvet cupcake with strawberry flavored cream cheese decorated with marshmallow and a piece of chocolate. yummmms

After the assembly, Adele and I were dropped off at Mid Valley to just walk around. The only day I shop, only to finish my RM50 voucher in Borders.

Went to have lunch after that. 
Adele ate some Korean food which gave her a bad stomach ache after that. LOL


She is happy with her purchase that day. Hard time carrying all the way home. 

 Adele did not drive, so we decided to take the KTM and then taxi back home. 
It was a long and pretty tired journey back as we jump on the wrong KTM. =.=



The KTM which we had to land in order to switch to another train which leads us to Subangjaya. 
This KTM station reminds me of the subway station in the States ( saw in movies and pictures )

Finally back home, but our day did not end there. After resting for like half an hour, we have to leave the house again for dinner with Adele friends
We head to Asia Cafe and I had my fried mushroom but it taste pretty bad compared to when I had it the last time I was there which was 6 months ago. 


After that, followed Adele to Lifeline for a while then to St. Thomas because Adele had music practice. 
Went back to Asia Cafe for supper and finally reached home at 1am. Freshen up, chat with Adele for a while then slept off. Damm tired. 
That is how my DAY 2 in KL ends. 

DAY 3. one of my favorite days during my stay there. =)
We get to sleep in a little bit longer and wake up at 8.30am. Got ready, fetched Ivy and off we head to SkyTrex. 
If any of you are interested to go, here's the address and number :
Jalan Liku 8/1  Seksyen 8, 40000 Shah Alam, Selangor
013-276 9841

It worth going and worth the money you pay at least once in a lifetime. Its an experience to remember. 
Its a place to go with friends and family. 



Adele and I are very blessed because we only have to pay RM3 for the entrance fee and its FOC for us both to experience an adventure like this. You'll know why later. =)


After buying the tickets, 3 of us went on a bus and we head to the starting point.  


Reached!

Firstly, we were asked to wear our harness. and guess what, we are the very first badge who used the harness for the very first time because its new. 
As you can see in the picture, Adele was not very excited as I am. haha


Ivy is our personal instructor throughout the whole course. We choose the Big Trill course, which is the middle level one.
Everybody have to go though a briefing before starting their course. In the briefing, the instructor will explain about how to use the harness and also demonstrate to us how to climb, how must our posture be when doing flying fox and where must our hands me and so on. 

After the briefing. All ready to go to our starting point. 

Our very first stop. Climbing that thing. It was by far the highest "ladder" I've ever climb. 

I could not take a picture of the rest of the obstacles we have to face until the end because I was too afraid to take out my phone from a bottle pouch I have to carry all the way, but this is the first few obstacles we have to go through. 





                 Flying Fox. My favorite. and we have to go through a lot and a lot of flying fox. =)


and finally the end our our journey







The joy on our face because we manage to complete the whole challenge without going through any short cuts or emergency exits. 

Ok, there is 3 stages where people can choose. The Little Adventure which cost rm 35 per person- Big Trill Challenge which cost rm 45 per person- Extreme Challenge which cost rm 55 per person
Adele and I do not have to pay on that day because Ivy who is one of the instructor there brought us in. So thankful and nice of her. =)



the bus we had to take. So old school. =)

I say that this is one amazing experience for me because it really does test my patience, strength, fear of heights and stability. I was at a mere point of giving up and taking the emergency exit ( short cut ) because I could not go through and so afraid to walk on 10 big PVC pipe on the air but no. I want to finish this coarse saying I did it and I dint take any short cuts and with the help of Ivy, I manage to encounter every single obstacles. Not only that, even if its just the 3 of us, there is always one point where Adele and I are at or lowest point, but we continue-sly encourage,support and motivate and constantly asking each other whether we are doing alright. I have always wanted to go to Escape which is in Teluk Bahang,Penang but dint have the chance to and now I get to experience something so much more real. Felt stronger and more confidence after that. haha

Adele and Ivy then had their lunch and I have a cup of teh tarik before going back to Adele's place to get ready for the rest of the day. 


Its an afternoon where we have to go to 3 shopping malls to help Adele with her job she promised her aunt to do.


and yes, Setia City Mall, Alor Setar is one of them. This shopping center is considered newly build and its known as a Eco friendly shopping mall. During the day, the sunlight is their light and I heard that the materials they use to build this shopping mall is all Eco friendly as well. Surprisingly, there is a lot of nice and famous brands and also a lot of people even if its located in the middle of nowhere. LOL


Our next stop is One Utama, then to the Curve. By the time everything is done, it was already 7pm and its time for dinner. I made a reservation at Kompassion, an authentic Thai restaurant located at ss20 Damansara. Time to indulge after a long and tiring day. =)

Adele and Ivy

We had the spicy mushroom salad as our starters then came the tomyam fried rice with grilled seafood

Angelhair green curry pasta with grilled seafood and  coconut dessert 

The food there is pretty good and reasonable for people who stays in KL. We only had to pay RM20 each for 4 meals plus a drink (got 20% discount). Its full house almost everyday and the menu will be changed every 3 months. =) A place to have a meal. yummms

After a day of driving, its time to go home. send Ivy back home and when Adele and I are on our way home, she accidentally took the wrong road and look where we end up. I-City
We did not park and go in but just drive around outside. With that, I get to see how I-City looks like. I would not say its very nice but its worth going to take a look at least once. For me, looking from the car is good enough. hehe 
Reached home, bath and off to bed. 
End of DAY 3! 

Palm Sunday! 
I still remember me attending Palm Sunday mass there last year. haha
We went for the 11.30am mass because we want to sleep in a little longer. 
It was a beautiful mass that day. The church is filled with people recognizing the beginning of Holy Week. 

We then went to fetch Ivy and she brought us to Brew and Bread for lunch.
The minute I see the name of the cafe, I got so excited and hungry because I love bread and am in love with it. 

just one. haha

we started off we the mushroom soup which seems to have a missing ingredient in it. Adele and Ivy shared the aglio oglio which taste pretty good. 

As for me, I had a chicken sandwich and a variety of bread. I give both a rate of 7/10. It was good. 

what an interesting cup. 3 of us always though that the glass will drop anytime and are always careful. silly. 

I though that the food will cost us a bomb but no, its very reasonable actually. We had to pay less than RM20 per person for meals like this. yay! 

We were suppose to go to Malacca on that day but because we could not find anybody who can follow us, so we decided to scrap it. After lunch, we drop Ivy back and we ourselves went back home also. Adele continue with her assignments and I was just occupying myself with reading, tweeter, instagram and facebook until 7.30pm ish. 

Its a Sunday, and at that time, I was craving for salad and Adele tells me about this place called Logenhaus which serves the best salad and food as well. 
That is how we ended up there.  It was just the both of us this time. I was quite excited because we did not have any meal where its just both of us, enjoying a good meal. 


We were given garlic bread as our starters. Then came the salad which consist of selected fresh vegetables, grill beef bacon, cheese, roasted chicken, potatoes, turkey ham and egg served with house dressing

then came our pot roasted lamb shank served with mash potatoes and grill sausages as our main dish.
So meat is so tender and it literally melts in your mouth. 

eat till the very last bit. =)

Then suddenly the waiter serves both of us a scoop of ice cream each which was also complimentary from the restaurant. Thankieeeewww. we each save rm1.05 for Sundae cone we wanted to have after dinner. haha

Adele and myself. <3

We finish our dinner early and Adele decided to take me on a car ride. Went to India streetKLCC and also go through the Smart tunnel. So cool. LOL

             Had a good conversation with her in the car throughout our whole journey. She also introduce me to a band called The Piano Guys. I am not a fan or music but the Piano Guys really inspire me. It tells me how beautiful a song can be and one can really feel it when a song is played with full of passion for music in them. Youtube them and be inspired as well.
End of DAY 4!


Monday cookout. 
Its a stay in day for both of us.
Before gym, made breakfast for Adele. 
French Toast. 

Went to gym after that with her then we got separated for 2 hours. Timothy came to Summit and spend time with Adele and buy groceries and I went off with 2 friends of mine who lives in KL to Sunway Piramid. 
We spend the an hour in DC Superheros and I went home with this. =) yay

Came home and see Adele and Timothy preparing food. 
The sweets on the left picture was made by Tim's mum. I forgotten what is it called already but it is very tasty. Very very sweet too. 


Adele and Timothy

Adele made the aglio oglio pasta with eggs and beef. I made salad

and Timothy made roastie. A german food made using potatoes only. =)

After our very filling meal, we went up to Adele's room. Both of them are enjoying themselves singing and playing the ukulele  while I just chill and online on my side of the bed while listening to them. 

Adele and I wanted to wake up at 5am to watch the sunrise but then we were too tired and lazy. So, sunset it is. We walk to the nearest park, sat down and just watch the sunset while listening to Timothy playing the ukulele and singing. Both, Adele and Tim had a passion of singing and they make a good duet.



Spend about one hour in the park until rain started to drop. Quickly went home. They continue with ukulele and singing while I went to bath, put on my pajamas and fell asleep. I was that tired. I am a very light sleeper, so I can still hear Adele and Tim recording a song. So naise. <3
My DAY 5 ends at 9pm.

SUNWAY LAGOON
That day was a testimony. There was a very very big storm and lightning in Subang area. It is until the every electricity around the area got cut off. When both of us woke up in the morning, we were still thinking twice on whether to take the risk on paying RM60 to enter Sunway Lagoon when there is high chance where is it going to rain heavily. Based on the weather report, heavy rain will be pouring. So we quickly prayed for the weather to be fine and praise the Lord. When we got out from the house, it was really sunny. It was as though there was no rain the night before. 

Before we left the house, I got ready early and came down to make breakfast for Adele and do laundry. 
French toast again but with cheese and pepper this round for more taste. 
Pack a few piece to Sunway Lagoon, in case any of us are hungry. 

So excited!

Got our "ticket" and enter.

The only game I got to take picture of because after that, I had to put my phone in the locker together with our bags. Do not want to risk my phone disappearing again.This goes 360degree. ahaa


Adele had to hold on the her phone for a while until Ivy comes. 
This man was giving me the very scary look when I wanted to just take a picture with him but when I got close to him, my heart literally stop for one second and I ran off. After that, he called me to come back with a smile on his face. This is how I got a picture with him. haha. 


Look who we met along the way. =)



Adele and I during one of the rides. 

Finally Ivy arrived, went back to the locker, get changed for Waterpark. 

Our phones are all in the locker, therefore we did not manage to take any pictures in between. 
We spend approximately 8 hours there, going to all of the 4 parks except for the Scary park which Adele went alone because Ivy and I are too scared to go in. There was amusement park, Wild life park, Extreme park, Water park and Scream park altogether. 


Went back to the ladies and freshen up and ready to go. 
Us, before leaving. =)

Oh yes, before we officially leave Sunway Lagoon, we went to take a walk on the Suspension Bridge. 
It is known as the world's longest suspended pedestrian bridge. 

We had to go through this spiral room for God knows what reason before the bridge. LOL

The start of our journey. 

The following pictures are the view of the whole Sunway Lagoon. The best place to actually take pictures. 







and yes, this is to either scare the people walking or to just allow the people walking to see whats under them. hmmm. A bit scaryyy. haha



reaching. 

View from the other side of the bridge. 

Us

Its done. We have planned to go to Sunway Lagoon and thankfully, it was a full success. I had lots of fun but  I think once its enough. Maybe will visit again after 10 years when more rides and games is build. I had a 2 wonderful companion to experience Sunway Lagoon and I only have one word to describe that day, its a BOMB! =D

For dinner, we went back to Subang Area to Jojo cafe because according to Ivy, they serve one of the best lat jiu pan mee and yes, I can confirm that its very very delicious. We had a bowl of vege soup and fried fish cake as our side dish. yummms. Ivy also tells us that there is this bakery which is located the same row as Jojo cafe which sells very nice Hokkaido cake. Therefore, I went to purchase one for myself just to give it a try. Its nice but too sweet for me. 



We were pretty tired because it was a long day but then somehow we became so fresh and awake after bathing. Helped Adele with her assignment while she went to take her bath and prepare grapes for us to munch. This mask thing was a impromptu. This is how we look after putting on the cream mask. 
People say we look like Ju-on but I think that we look more like Avatar. haha


Watched Anastasia before washing up our face and greet my last goodnight to Adele in KL
End of DAY 6!

HOME.
I took the 12.05pm bus from Puchung back to Penang on that day because I had dance practice at night. 

There is a lot to say about how I felt about this trip to KL but I only want to thank 3 person. God for giving me this opportunity to be there and just relax and Adele and Ivy for making my trip this round a memorable one. I have seen KL in a different view this round. Its not all about shopping but more of a adventure and food. Before I left for KL, I made up my mind that I will not want to spend any money on things or go to any shopping malls and I succeeded. besides, I do not have the mood to shop as well. So all is well. 

To Adele: Each time I come to KL, I always seems to be having more fun than the previous ones. You took the effort to plan on what we can do everyday during my stay there and making sure that I had fun. Yes I do. I had so much of fun and memories to bring back with me to Penang. I am so blessed, grateful and thankful for a friend like you who is always welcoming me and willing to spend money as well as I know, you do not really spend money in KL. I love you and love everything that we did throughout that one week. I could not imagine my week being better in any way because its the best 6 days of my life in KL. and also, you willing to wake up early to go to the gym with me and also to Skytrex because I have not been to Escape in Penang and I have always been wanting to go. You are one extraordinary girl and I had so much of fun. Thank you once again. <3 <3

I will end this post by saying that there is actually so much that one can do in KL besides shopping, working and clubbing. So much of restaurant with good reviews to try, so much of place to visit with friends and family, so many views to see and also so many outdoor activities to experience. 
Been there, done that! hehe
By all that, one week in KL is more than enough for me. I am so happy to be back in Penang. There is no place in the world like Penang. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment