Wednesday, October 10, 2012

MY DAY!

yay! Finally I have a chance to write about my special day. Is it me or I think October is such a good month. Not because I was born on October but it feels different. Its like you know the year is ending but at the same time you know that you still have 3 more months to enjoy and end the year fabulously =)

Over the years, my birthday was pretty much like any normal people. Hang out with friends, dinner or lunch, catch a movie, karaoke, got surprised last year and blah blah blah. This year was just different and I would not celebrate any other way. I can say that this year, I got to celebrate with everybody who play an important role in my life. Enough of reading, I will let the pictures do the talking. hehe

On the 6th of October which is a Saturday, I start my day by working for 5 hours. Silly huh? But I am glad I did. By 2.30pm, I was in my friends car and my birthday celebration starts there. 
We went around town looking for a chu char place to eat because I choose to have Chinese dishes. Finally we found a good chu char place and it has been there for about 50 years. How amazing is that.? 

My afternoon was spend with ( from the top left) Mary Voon, Sharon Cornelius, and Aaron Xavier. <3

This are the dishes that we ordered..=) Simply delicious. hehe
From the top left : Kek Hua tea, Sweet and sour pork, Wintermelon soup, Ladies finger, 3-egg and Herbal chicken. 

Look at the antique clock.

This cash register is 50 years old! 

When we were looking for a place to eat, we pass this shop and I said that I want to have tea here and there we are eating toast bread and drinking tea right after our late lunch.
It is located at Cambell Street and it is famous for its roti bakar because the bread was toast using charcoal.
There is a newspaper cutting stating that even Lim Guan Eng and Khor Tsu Koon visited the place.=)


The bits and piece while we are there.
We ordered 5 plates of bread whereas there is only four of us. 
I love to eat bread. Any kind of bread except bread that is already expire, I would eat it. There is always place in my stomach for bread. haha
There goes my diet. =)

The many expressions I have. haha

While we are on our way to the car, we came across this small and cute balcony which was build among the many shop lots. 

For one second, we felt like superstars. haha.. =)

We walked around in Gurney for a few hours and then to Paragon for something sweet.
It is my first time trying Moo Cow frozen yogurt and it taste like heaven. Mary and I had the original flavor yogurt with strawberry jam and nuts if I am not mistaken.

The four of us again indulging in our yogurt. 

I have known them for so many years and this is my first year celebrating with them. They made my day memorable and also give me the opportunity to have a taste of Penang local food. 
I wonder what kind of Penangnite am I? Do not know about the various , famous, and mouth-watering food in Penang. haha

After a wonderful afternoon, I end my birthday in TGIF, Paragon with my girlfriends.=)
It was filled with so much of laughs and joy and not to forget, pictures!

Our meal. 


Special thanks to Pei Ying for baking this cake. It is one delicious cake and I could not resist but to share it with my family and a few friends.=) Strawberry Velvet cake with Cream Cheese topping. Yummy! While typing it down, I feel like eating. 

Complimentary mock tail from the manager.

and yes, the whole TGIF birthday in the house thing had happened but I must say, the workers did pretty well in it. Its different compared to the Queensbay outlet. 
 They surprised me with the cake. I have no words to say how thankful I am to have them in my life. They are my crazy bunch. <3
From the left : Pei Ying, Najah, myself and Zhi Xian. 

End of Day 1! 

The following day, attended mass in the morning then straight to my grandparents place for lunch. I requested for a birthday lunch which serves home cook meals instead of dinner which we will have to dine somewhere. 

Cooked by my grandma.
From the top left: Sweet and sour chicken, Long beans( absolute favorite vege ), Salted fish and Bak Kut Teh. yummy! 

I manage to have my beauty sleep in the afternoon before dinner time with some friends which I called them family. 

Went to China House. I must say, there is not much that we could choose from and it was a little bit pricey but the food was good.

Before the dinner. all dressed up! 

We ordered 2 meals and share. 
Mushroom and Chicken pie with mash potatoes and salad as the side dish.

Mixed grilled ( potato, chicken and beef ) served with different types of sauces.

Yes again, they surprised me with cupcakes. The cupcakes was made by my sister. It is banana cupcakes with whipped cream on top. Yummy! 

The people whom I celebrate with on that night. 
From the left : sister, Brian, Ashleigh <3

Took a looong walk until the end and capture some pictures together.=)




The night is still young, so we went to Picnic to chill and to digest our food. 
We then ordered a basket a Nachos and Fries while playing " Bluff " and the blocks game.. 

The end of DAY 2. =)

Li Ann could not make it on the 6th, therefore she asked me out for dinner yesterday, 9th October.
Was supposed to have dinner at Crepe Cottage but because it was closed, we decided to try Jemputree. Sister tagged along too. 
No regrets having dinner there. The environment was beautiful, affordable price and the food comes in big portions. All less then RM20.



French fries as starters. I had Fettuccine marinara, Li Ann had stuffed chicken and Mel had the burger bite. 
Yummy! =)

While waiting for our food to be served, went around the place to capture the environment.=)
Us being us! 


Had a really good time catching up with her. Talked so much and updating each other with whats happening in our lives and all. 

Tong Pak Fu for dessert and somewhere cold.

Shared a guava flavored snow ice. 




Sharon and Aaron joined us for a bit. It was indeed a good time.
End the day with a group picture. =) <3
DAY 3: END!

This marks the end of my birthday celebration with these people. I am truly blessed to have them all not because I am treated like a princess on this special day but because they have been with me through thick and thin all this years since i've known them. I love them very much.
Thank you for reading! 
Blessed morning..=)


No comments:

Post a Comment