Monday, October 1, 2012

EXPECT VERSUS FAITH

    Why expect when there is faith. I personally think that "expecting" is a very big word. Let me describe it in one word. DANGEROUS! If we expect too much in something, and do not get it, we are just hurting our self  Some people put expectations as a motivation but afterall  there is still at least 40% failure. Thats why, nowadays we always see quotes like " Don't put expectations because if we cannot achieve it, it will lead to disappointment, otherwise if we manage to achieve it, we will feel happier. So to expect or not?

    I choose to have faith instead. If i were to achieve something with faith in me all this while, Praise God. If I don't, it doesn't matter because at least I know God has a better plan and He knows it all. Not like if we expect something and are not able to get it, we are just left hanging like that without any reason. I must admit that it is not easy to have faith in all situations especially in things that we have not done before, of failed too many times before, or thinking that we are not good enough to achieve it. Faith is believing in something that cannot be seen. Faith is believing that God is there with us to fight for something that we want ( good things ).  A very good example is during exams. I always pray and surrender the paper I am doing to Him whether it is easy or not, and while doing and throughout the process of waiting , if faith is there, I know that God will not disappoint  me and He never did.

    I am going through some situations where I should be giving up long time ago but somehow I am just longing for that day to come and faith is the one who keeps me standing. I cannot say that there is not obstacles in between but with that obstacles during the waiting period, it allows me to grow and learn so much more. God did not promise that the road is going to be smooth, but He promised that its going to be worth it. The reason why He is my bestfriend is because He never broke His promises.

    Faith without work is DEAD! Also, we cannot let our faith do all the work, we ourselves also have to put effort and commitment to what we want to achieve. And with the amount of commitment we put wholeheartedly with faith, there is no reason why God will not let us to achieve it unless if He has a better reason and plan for us. =)

Mark 11:24 says "Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours." ( English Standard Version 

That's why I tell you to have faith that you have already received whatever you pray for,and it will be yours.- another version of Bible
    

No comments:

Post a Comment